Study Abroad during the 2015 Summer Semester in Amman, Jordan!
Enroll NOW to experience Arabic culture with Jordanian hospitality - 2 Shorter Summer Semester Options Now Available!
CGE Global Connections offers a summer program for a 10-week or 4.5-week Arabic Studies program in Amman, Jordan with Union University serving as the CGE flagship university. This incredible study opportunity is open to all CGE Member institutions as well as non-CGE partnering institutions.
- FULL SUMMER SEMESTER (10 weeks): This Arabic studies program consists of two, six-hour courses entitled Contemporary Arabic I & Contemporary Arabic II (Note: click on the links to view the syllabi for each course). For additional information and updates, check out the CGE Jordan website.
- DATES: May 31 - August 9, 2015
- EXCURSIONS: Five weekend study excursions and a 5 day, 4-night mid-term break trip to Sharm Al-Sheikh, Egypt on the Red Sea!
- COST: CGE Member School Students: $4,790.00 (10 weeks)
Non-CGE Member School Students: $5,290.00 (10 weeks)
- SHORT SUMMER SEMESTER (4.5 weeks): Students can receive up to 6 credits for 2 Arabic language courses with traditional Arabic for writing and reading and a emphasis on Spoken Arabic. Students will begin with an assessment of Arabic skills if they have had prior Arabic training. During the 5 weeks, each student will be placed in an environment for classroom learning and speaking each day. Students will also learn about local Arabic culture, enjoy several excursions, and meet expatriates who work in the Arab world with a focus on ministries in Jordan. For students interested in refugee work, there will be an introduction to how Jordan is handling the influx of refugees and how local colleagues of CGEJordan are assisting in this international concern.
- DATES: Summer I: May 31 - June 30, 2015; Summer II: July 8 - August 9, 2015
- EXCURSIONS: Visit to historical sites - examples are: the Citadel and Archeological Museum, Wadi Mujib Canyon, Jerash Roman Ruins, or Petra
- COST: CGE Member School Students: $2,872.00 (4.5 weeks)
Non-CGE Member School Students: $3,372.00 (4.5 weeks)
- Click here to see the official flyer for the Jordan Summer Study Program
- Have any questions? Check out our FAQ page. Still have questions? Send an email to email@example.com and a CGE study abroad representative will respond to you as soon as possible!
- Ready to get started? Click HERE to fill out the CGE Study Abroad Application. To submit the application, you must FIRST download and save it to your desktop, then fill with your information, and finally re-save before attaching it to an email and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you fill the form directly without saving it first, the information will not be saved. Program applications should be submitted before April 10, 2015.
- If you want credit from Union University and an official transcript that you can use at your home university, you MUST enroll for the Summer Program at Union University and send in a Transcript Application to Union University. Click on the links for the Non-Degree Seeking Enrollment Form and the Transcript Application.
After you complete your CGE Study Abroad Application and receive your acceptance email, you will receive an email from a CGE Study Abroad representative with a step-by-step checklist of additional documentation required, as well as payment instructions.
*****Please also provide a scanned copy of the front inside picture page of your valid passport. You can send this to CGE via FAX to 770-321-4910 or via email to email@example.com.
- Payment can be made via check or credit card. Please call the CGE office at 770-321-4897 to pay by credit card. Checks can be sent to:
Consortium for Global Education
200 Ashford Center North, Suite 305
Atlanta, GA 30338
Please make appropriate payment and submit all documentation by April 10, 2015.